We are pleased to share the great news, that the Biggleswade Club is now OPEN!
After a slight hiccup with the first planned opening date of the 11th August (No one opened the hall for us), we re-scheduled the opening for the following Friday, Friday the 18th August at 6pm.
This Friday we managed to get into the hall (now having keys) and we welcomed 8 brand new Karate-ka (Karate Students) to the club. The first lesson was a huge success with smiles all round. It is always a challenge opening a new club, as the students don’t initially have anyone to follow or copy from, so the first lesson has to involve a lot of explanation but at the same time keeping it fun!
Here is what we covered on lesson 1:
- Warm up – Essential to get those muscles warm to prevent injuries
- Introduction of Instructors
- Standing Bow and Kneeling Bow and the etiquette behind this
- Demonstration of the 3 K’s
- Kihon – Sempai Tony
- Kumite – Sempai Tony & Sempai Rennan
- Kata – Sempai Rennan
- Split off the lesson into Juniors & Adults
- Introduction to blocks
- Pad work
- Games for Juniors, Self Defence for Adults
Here are some pictures of the lesson
What to join us?
Do you want to join the Biggleswade club and be one of the very first students? Get in touch on our contact us page…
We are a member club of the English Shotokan Karate Association (ESKA).